What is Internet Marketing?
Today internet marketing is the fastest developing and most enticing division of marketing. Due to the fact that the globe is becoming more connected, marketers have to keep up with the trend to reach new audiences. Technology and software are so dynamic in this era and to keep up with the pace seems so challenging. The web is also fleeting and so does products and services, yet marketers have to cope with these dynamics. All the dimensions of what is internet marketing have to be understood to beat the competitors who have utilized internet marketing to push their products and services around the world.
Internet market is also referred to as online marketing or eMarketing. It is basically any type of marketing that is enhanced through the use of the internet technologies; a brand or a product is promoted over the internet. The scope of internet marketing is very broad and it includes email marketing, social media marketing or any other promotional activity that is enhanced via wireless media. Other aspect of internet marketing involves the creative phases of World Wide Web such as designing, sales, advertising and development.
There are different types of online marketing which include;
• Display Advertising: These are the advertising banners that are presented on other blogs or websites to increase traffic for their own content. This is beneficial as awareness of a product is enhanced.
• Email Marketing: this type of internet marketing involves reaching out to potential customers by use of email.
• Affiliate Marketing: this kind of internet marketing is whereby an enterprise outsources an online retailer, blog or e-commerce site and pays for each visitor of their sites.
• Inbound Marketing: the process whereby internet marketing engages itself by sharing any valuable content to a target market with an aim of convincing them to become their loyal customers. In most cases it is done through creation of business blog.
• Search Engine Marketing: this is one of the most key drivers of internet marketing. A business that engages itself with this type of marketing will pay advertisements that will appear on search engine result pages. It can include payment of inclusion or payment of placement.
• Search Engine Optimization: this is different from search engine marketing as it is natural and no payment involved for the process of promoting content on SERPs. The activities that are involved in Search Engine Optimization (SEO) include placement and keyword research, social marketing and link building.
• Social Media Marketing: brands, products and services are promoted through social networks such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedln, Google+ or Pinterest.
From the dimensions of internet marketing, it is clear that it has the capability of connecting billions of people around the globe. This can enhance exposing your business enterprise to millions of your target market. It is also an inexpensive form of advertisement as compared to print media or electronic media such as television and radio. Internet marketing will give an opportunity to evaluate the effectiveness of the marketing campaign. This is made possible by the use of cost-volume-analysis (CVP) and web analytic tools. The understanding of internet marketing can be a great avenue to realize return on investment faster than thought.
To learn more about Internet Marketing and breaking bank, attend the UNconvention being held at Caesar’s Palace.